Hello Everyone!Apilio started off as a personal project with a basic, but powerful, feature set. In the last few months we have been busy in the background, working out how best to grow and support our amazing customer base.In order to deliver our plans, we recently completed a funding round to incorporate and start building Apilio the company. 🥳As part of this development we will soon send out important instructions that are necessary to keep your account alive so please watch out for them!
What’s in it for you.
Apilio becoming a company will provide some significant benefits to you as a user, including:
- Confidence in Apilio as a stable, enduring platform for your IoT logic - so worth you investing your time in, and
- Us having more resources to deliver you an improved Apilio service.
The roadmap for this year includes:
- A more intuitive user interface;
- Deeper integration options with platforms like IFTTT, Google Assistant, Alexa and others, and
- A mobile App for real-time monitoring and control on the go.
And we are planning to add more features you’ve requested, like:
- Active timeout watchdogs;
- Integrated triggers, e.g. timer-based;
- Direct feedback loops to Apilio;
- An API extension to read-out variable data, and
- Logging and monitoring systems.
The “important” admin bits.
- Apilio has become a UK-based company, Apilio Limited, and if you continue to use our services then you will become a customer of Apilio Limited. Apilio Limited is subject to European regulations under GDPR and we must therefore request you opt-in to the Apilio Limited Terms and Conditions of Business in order to keep providing you service.We will send you an extra e-mail to all existing users, asking for your approval in the coming days; please make sure you don’t miss it!
- At some stage this year we will likely be introducing charges to keep the platform and the operation sustainable - but we will do so in a fair and transparent way that keeps the Apilio community making amazing things happen - when they're supposed to and how they're supposed to.
We’re both very excited about the future of Apilio and we hope you are too!As usual, if you have any comments or questions it would be great if you could put them on our Google Group, so everyone can follow the discussion. But of course you can always use the other channels available.Philipp & Dan